On January 30, 2012, RIM launched BlackBerry Business Cloud Services for Microsoft Office 365 – which is a new service for business and government organizations to extend Microsoft Exchange Online to BlackBerry smartphones and self-manage their BlackBerry deployments in the cloud.
The RIM-hosted, cloud-based service offers powerful administration and flexible smartphone self-service features to support an organization’s BlackBerry management strategy. It’s available at no additional charge to current medium-sized or enterprise subscribers of the Office 365 suite or standalone Exchange Online and works with BlackBerry smartphones on business or consumer data. The service will be hosted, licensed and supported by RIM.
Overview of BlackBerry Business Cloud Services
RIM BlackBerry® Business Cloud Services delivers a simple and affordable way for companies to manage BlackBerry smartphones with Microsoft Office 365. Available at no additional charge to Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise Plan subscribers, this secure service, hosted by Research In Motion® (RIM),directly links Microsoft® Exchange® Online with BlackBerry smartphones to offer reliable, mobile access to synchronized email, calendar, contacts, tasks and memo pads. From almost anywhere, the intuitive, web-based interface provides the tools administrators need to perform common tasks, password reset or to find, lock or wipe lost or misplaced devices. And an integrated single sign-on between Office 365 and BlackBerry Business Cloud Services gives end users online self-service options that help make managing devices more efficient than ever.
Further information can be found at www.blackberry.com/cloudservices
- Integration within the Office 365 Administrative Portal for easy management
- Wireless synchronization with Microsoft Exchange Online email, calendar and contacts with a BlackBerry smartphone
- BlackBerry Balance technology, which presents a unified view of work and personal content on a BlackBerry smartphone while keeping the content separate and secure
- An intuitive, web-based console for IT administrators to provision, manage and secure BlackBerry smartphones from anywhere
- Online access to employee self-service smartphone security functions, allowing users to easily reset a device password or remotely lock or wipe a device in the event of loss or theft
- BlackBerry security and encryption as well as device manageability
Stay Tuned for our step by step guide of deploying Office 365 to Blackberry devices,